There’s working the hard way and then there’s working the smart way.
We can either be prepared for life and work (the smart way) or unprepared (the hard way) and reap the consequences. For anyone growing up with parents/grandparents who owned retail businesses, this was the mantra and ethic to be instilled. But, at a young age, who cared about sales and being prepared? Who was ever going to work 16 hours a day to build a screen, graphic and/or digital print shop business?
In his article “Selling Smart” in the March issue of Printwear Magazine, Jeffrey Gitomer has nailed it. He has touched on what the sales-savvy greats of long ago learned if they were to thrive; that preparation and respect for the customer would lead to positive sales outcomes. And, that there was, most assuredly, a way past the, “I want to think about it” line.
We hope you enjoy this share.
In this second installment, RhinoTech showcases RhinoDARK Heat Transfer Paper.
This paper offers another amazing way to transfer images with a laser printer to transfer directly to all dark apparel and fabrics. It is also available in two sizes: 8.5″ x 11″ and 11″ x 17″. And, it’s compatible with the RT SunAngel Printers.
The RT SunAngel printers offer:
1) FLUORESCENT color toners! This laser printer enables the paper to be printed from the tray and straight out through the back; the sheet doesn’t have to go through a roller-type system.
2) FLUORESCENT WHITE toner that has two white toner cartridges to ensure opacity.
3) Traditional CMYK toners
4) WHITE toner.
To apply more bling and dimension to your prints, easily add Rhinestones and Textile Metallic Foil. Crunch the foil, lay it on the heat transfer, repress, and your design will be eye-popping.
Here is info and the directions on how to digitally print with RhinoDARK:
RhinoDARK transfer media is used as a set comprised of an ‘Image Sheet’ (A Sheet) and a ‘Transfer Sheet’ (B Sheet). Please follow the steps below for best results:
1. Place image sheet into the manual sheet feed of the RT SunAngel printer, smoothest side up (please note this is the coated side of the sheet).
2. Set the printer to print from the ‘Multipurpose Tray’ and set paper type to ‘Medium Light’ and set size to A4.
IMPORTANT: Remember to create the image in reverse to ensure it looks correct when transferred to the garment.
3. Print the image.
4. Once image is printed, place the transfer sheet on top of the print with the white (adhesive coated) side down – the image and the adhesive should be face-to-face.
5. Fold a small corner of the transfer sheet over prior to pressing as this will make it easier to peel apart after pressing.
6. Press the two sheets together using a heat press at 250 – 270°F for 30-45 seconds with high pressure.
7. upon opening the press & while hot – immediately peel the transfer sheet away from the image sheet quickly and evenly, peeling in a smooth, continuous motion.
8. Discard the used transfer sheet.
9. Trim the edges away from the image sheet to help ensure that no excess adhesive sticks to the garment.
10. Position the transfer sheet (print side down) onto the garment and press using a heat press at 250 – 270°F for 30-45 seconds using high pressure.
11. Remove the garment from the heat press and allow to cool.
12. Once the garment is cooled to the touch, carefully peel away the transfer sheet and the image will remain on the garment.
13. A final step is to apply a finishing paper to the printed area of the garment and press again for 15 seconds to provide a durable smooth finish.
Artwork Requirements Recommended by RhinoTech
For best results, it is recommended that solid colors only be used in the artwork. We also recommend printing white toner over all the color for greater opacity when printing on DARK garments.
Starting out with or adding a digital printing system is a way to jump-start your business.
Whether home or studio based, located in a store front or a commercial screen printing entity, RhinoDARK Heat Transfer Paper and other systems featured by RhinoTech is a way to add-on to your current service stream. Use this digital system as a way to fill-in for your screen printed projects.
To help you get started, call 651-686-5027 ext 4; email@example.com; 888.717.4466. RhinoTech offers FREE SHIPPING on orders of $50 or more when delivered in the contiguous U.S.
Are You Motivated to change to an eco-sensitive, biodegradable Screen Wash? If you’re on the fence about changing screen cleaning chemicals, consider that SWG 220™ Screen Wash Degradent has been perfected to offer the toughest screen cleaning action leaving no water-based ink unscathed. And, we’re not kidding!
This Screen Wash removes all types of water-based inks quickly after the press run AND it’s strong enough to remove dried on, water-based ink on screens, as well. This product is water-soluble and evaporates slowly for maximum yield. It is virtually odorless; a characteristic that all employees seek. It leaves zero residue behind, so no ghost images remain on the screen. And, it has a very high flash point. Finally, this screen was can be used with both manual and automatic screen cleaning equipment.
Additional high points of SWG 220™ Screen Wash Degradent:
DRAIN SAFE, NON-TOXIC, 100% BIODEGRADABLE. Cleaned screens look like new. And, the price point leaves competing screen washes wishing on a star! Use of this screen wash and the entire line of RhinoClean Green Screen Cleaning Chemicals will help businesses to “green-up” their screen cleaning practices. Mother Earth will thank you.
SO, the UPSHOT is that this Water-based Screen Wash is a bombshell of a solution.
FREE SHIPPING opportunities on orders of $50+ w/delivery in the contiguous U.S.
And, we ship world wide.
If you haven’t already had to read and deal with a negative on-line review about your business, customer service and/or product, don’t worry, because you will. It’s inevitable in these days of no-holds-barred social media.
In the following article reprinted from Printwear, 8 Ways to Handle Bad Online Reviews, Vince DiCecco shares splendid, spot-on advice. We are appreciative!
Yelp receives an astounding 84 million visitors a month. According to a 2012 BrightLocal study, approximately 72 percent of consumers surveyed said they trust online reviews as much as personal recommendations, while 52 percent said that positive online reviews make them more likely to use a local business. So what should you do when there are negative reviews of your business on such sites?
1. Remain Objective—If the review or comment is obviously not serious, or if the poster is using angry, abusive language, your best option may be to ignore it. If possible, have it removed. Most consumer-review sites offer a way to flag or report reviews that violate terms of service.
2. Say “Thanks”—Whether or not you agree with the complaint’s validity, the reality is that a customer perceived an event in a certain way. Acknowledging the experience and the role your operations played in shaping that perception is the first step in successfully addressing a concern. Thank them for taking the time to offer feedback.
3. Respond with Tact—Keep it professional. Passive-aggressive or sarcastic comments will only fuel the flames.
4. Take it Offline (if possible)—Engage the customer with a short and positive private response that recognizes the issue and discusses ways to remedy the situation. By taking the issue offline, you can avoid a back-and-forth that could draw even more unwanted attention to the review. If successfully resolved, politely ask the customer to revise their review to note that their complaint was addressed, or delete it altogether.
5. Apologize and Ask for Input—A sincere apology does not necessarily mean you are agreeing with their assessment of the situation, but it does mean that you are genuinely sorry that they had a bad experience. An offer to make things right can go a long way to validate your customer’s concerns. It lets them know you are committed to ensuring it won’t happen again.
6. Flip the Script—Highlighting your strengths is a great way to frame your story while still making the person feel heard and acknowledged. Having the ability to react to negative feedback can actually be a positive move.
7. Evaluate the Public Response—Review sites allow for businesses to easily offer their views. Offer a short response that corrects the facts, but do not delve into specific inaccuracies.
8. Legal Action is a Last Resort—Publicity over an ugly lawsuit may drag the company into territory difficult to return from, no matter the outcome. Use it only if you must.
We hope that this guideline has armed you for when that less than glowing review appears. Thanks for reading and subscribing.
This short video is a review of the latest, high performing DIGITAL heat transfer papers from RhinoTech. In fact, they also represent the most current laser and inkjet transfer papers in the industry that can be used successfully to transfer images to DARK garments and fabrics. And, to offer the most vibrant of whites (no gray factor).
Though RhinoTech originally produced this big review during Halloween 2014, the information remains timely. Enjoy and thanks for reading/viewing.
1. The first set of t-shirts have been printed with SingleJet heat transfer paper used with an inkjet printer.
As you can see, the colors on the white Tuxedo and Yoga T-shirts are chillingly vivid! Use this paper to transfer designs to pastel, light gray and all white/light color apparel and fabrics.
The Black Tuxedo shirt was digitally printed with SingleJet Opaque. It works alarmingly well to transfer images to the DARKEST OF DARK garments and fabrics. The white that snaps off the shirt is daunting compared to most whites that appear grayed out.
2. The next set of shirts was printed with SingleStep that is designed to transfer to light/white color garments. Notice how the flower design on the pink t-shirt just oozes color. The secret is in the toner; the RT SunAngel DayBold Fluorescent toners used with the RT SunAngel printer.
The white t- shirt with the flower design was printed w/SingleStep and traditional CMYK colors. Notice how regular CMYK colors are scarily dazzlingly!
The black T-shirt, printed with RT SunAngel DARK heat transfer paper for DARK apparel, offers the brightest of white (no graying) that snaps off the shirt.
3. The final series of t-shirts was printed with RT SunAngel DARK heat transfer paper. It’s spooky how excited Greg is about this paper!
The BLACK Anarchy T-shirt features pulsating brilliant blue, white and blood red colors and screams washability.
The CMYK colors printed on the next DARK T-Shirt also bursts with color. It’s simple to apply rhinestones and textile metallic foil right on top of the design for added value.
The RhinoTech logo on the final DARK t-shirt was printed using RT SunAngel DayBold Fluorescent toner. Textile Metallic Foil was added; the look is stunning!
Al B. Myson was tenacious when it came to finding the perfect inkjet heat transfer paper for his business. After much research and discussion, he found the RhinoTech youtube.com site where he watched the step-by-step tutorial on how to “Print on DARK with Jet Opaque Heat Transfer Paper”. The rest is history; he purchased and tested the paper and then relayed that, “I am happy with your product and thanks a million!!!”
Mr. Myson also shared his Al B. Myson Blog post, Fantastic, Blank Heat Transfer Paper, for Inkjet Printers. The following is an excerpt: ……. “I watched a youtube video and could not believe that I found what I was looking for. The company called Rhinotechinc (editor’s note: RhinoTech) offers great blank heat transfer paper for inkjet printers and this video link demonstrates their one step heat transfer paper for dark colored t-shirts and they also carry blank heat transfer paper for light colored t-shirts as well, but you could also use the one step opaque for light colored as well. Honestly so far I have tested the one step heat transfer paper for light colored t-shirts and the quality is quite excellent, so I highly recommend trying the blank heat transfer paper from Rhinotechinc.com its quite affordable and I hope someone from Rhinotechinc shares some more info on my blog and I hope they share my blog with others as well; because I truly support what they are doing for the t-shirt business!! Thank you Rhinotechinc.”
SingleJet Opaque Heat Transfer Paper from RhinoTech.
This one step heat transfer paper is used with the recommended Epson 1430 (and other inkjet printers) to create printable transfers to DARK fabrics and apparel. It offers a very soft hand and fabric drape on the finished product. With this paper, a little bit of ink goes a long way toward producing vivid, brilliant, colorful results on DARK garments; it is stretchy and has excellent wash characteristics.
Choose from paper sizes of 8.5” x 11 and 11” x 17”. And, a SingleJet Roll that comes in 13″ x 50′ is also available. For a test run, RhinoTech recommends a 10 pack of SingleJet Opaque.
This is how it works.
SingleJet Opaque is simple to use; basically, an image is printed right reading, the edges of the design are trimmed, the vinyl surface is peeled off then positioned on the shirt and heat pressed.
Place black shirt on platen, cover w/parchment paper and press shirt for a few seconds to remove moisture and wrinkles.
Remove parchment paper.
Peel film, position design, cover with parchment paper and press for 15 seconds at
360 degrees F with the RT DK20S 16×20 Digital Swinger Heat Press or the RTSW 1620 Heat press w/digital controls.
Let shirt cool to the touch before peeling parchment paper off to showcase your design. And, that’s it!
Additional features of SingleJet Opaque heat transfer paper include secure bond to fabric and excellent washability characteristics.
Again, we offer sincere gratitude to Al B. Myson for his accolades regarding SingeJet Opaque heat transfer paper. We extend the same to all our customers who gain increased bottom line benefits through use of this paper and all RhinoTech digital printing systems. We wish you much success in your printing endeavors. If you have questions, please contact our Customer Service Specialist at 651-686-5027 x 4 or firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re here to help!
http://www.rhinotechinc.com; email@example.com and learn how to digitally print at youtube.com/rhinotechcompany.
A RhinoTech pick!
OOH – LA – LA – Tuxedo T-Shirts for all occasions from cafe press! Multiple designs for all ages! Tough to choose. Thanks to cafe press for letting us share all of these cool tuxedo shirts.
There is never not a time to make a BOLD statement with BLACK & WHITE. And, with essential, seasonal events advancing upon us, especially Halloween, creativity and digital printing options abound for the black tie and more enterprising casual events that will soon fill calendar dates.
DESIGN BIG with RT SunAngel DARK! Digitally print WHITE/WHITE with no grey tones on Black, Indigo, Red, Orange and more!
*FLUORESCENT and CMYK COLORS add a
Pop of Color!
With RT SunAngel Dark, white tones are AUDACIOUS!