It’s Chicago on the lake in the summertime. And it’s the 15th annual ASI Show that includes the Signage + Decoration Pavilion that will be held July 15-17, 2014, at McCormick Place.
RhinoTech on Deck on Booth 480 in the Signage + Decoration Pavilion
This year, the ASI Show features an unprecedented schedule that includes Sales Boot Camp with leadership expert, Stephen M.R. Covey, and a multimedia presentation by Erik Wahl. The Signage + Decoration, On-the-Show-Floor Workshops will feature a variety of topics including one presented by Gregory Markus, president/RhinoTech, who will demo the latest digital technology and share tips on how, by embracing change and new technology, a traditional printing business can be more creative and innovative, thrive and survive. He will also offer information on how-to economically and easily embrace digital technology to broaden advantage and create new revenue streams. For Free Registration to attend the show, click HERE – complements of RhinoTech!
On the Show Floor Workshop. Wednesday, July 16, 2:30 p.m.-3 p.m. Thursday, July 15, 1-1:30 pm. Signage + Decoration Pavilion. New Opportunities in Digital Printing.
This workshop is the place where Greg Markus will help to demystify the art of decorating apparel and other products through digitally printed, heat-applied graphics using the latest heat-transfer papers, toners and equipment. Attendees who want to start a business, as well as, those in established screen/graphics printing and embroidery businesses will learn how to 1) transition a digital printing specialty into an established business space; 2) learn how to improve profitability and efficiency with digital transfer systems without a huge capital investment.
The techniques discussed will be applicable for sign companies, art studios, screen, graphics and digital printers, embroiderers, promotional products distributors, those mulling over the start-up needs of a digital printing business. The session will cover:
• Step-by-step instruction on how-to digitally print on light and DARK apparel and fabrics with the RT SunAngel DARK series of heat transfer paper, printers and toners that include fluorescent colors + white and traditional CMYK toners + white.
• How to print images using weedless, SingleStep™ heat transfer laser paper for light color apparel.
• Methods for printing textile metallic foil and rhinestones on light and dark fabrics,
• How to print on hard surfaces such as metal, glass, acrylic, plastic, wood and ceramic using SinglePrint™ heat transfer paper for laser printers.
• An overview of SingleJet™ heat transfer paper for use with inkjet printers.
• The heat-transfer media, printers/toners and heat-press equipment used.
• Cost considerations of producing decorated apparel digitally versus direct-to-garment and manual textile printing.
• Tips on how to choose between laser and inkjet systems, determining space needs and other considerations for adding digital heat transfer technology to an existing printing business or for a start-up operation.
• Enable attendees to hold and feel the texture of the printed garment.
After the workshop, participants will be invited to Booth 480 to watch live action, digital printing demos.
Throughout his 35+ year career in our industry, Greg Markus has fully embraced change as the landscape of screen, graphics and digital printing has evolved. In doing so, he explains, “creativity and innovation are enhanced, helping business to thrive and survive”. He encourages all in our industry and those entering it to venture out and investigate possible opportunities to the fullest within the realm of the “new normal” in printing. This involves either merging digital printing technology into traditional printing/embroidery, art studio businesses etc. and/or when starting-up as a stand-alone.
Gregory Markus is the president and owner of RhinoTech, based in St. Paul, MN. Since the company’s inception 19 years ago, Greg, along with his partner, Todd Michaels, V.P./Operations, has charted the growth of RhinoTech into a worldwide manufacturer/distributor of screen, digital and graphics equipment and papers; screen frame GLUE/adhesives, eco-friendly screen cleaning chemicals and equipment, washout booths that help save on water resources, triple-action filtration systems, screen cleaning and recirculating systems, commercial pressure washers, supplies and more.
RhinoTech contact info: 651-686-5027, 888.717.4466; email@example.com;
Once again, thanks for checking this site out!