CREATE PHOTO TRANSFERS with HEAT TRANSFER PAPER, HEAT PRESSES & PRINTERS
HEAT TRANSFER PAPER for INKJET PRINTERS
Capture the nostalgia of significant life moments with photos that have been transferred onto keepsakes. The RhinoTech featured photo was heat transferred to a puzzle blank using SingleJet heat transfer paper, an Epson 1430 inkjet printer and a Swingman heat press. To create other vivid color and black and white photo gift items with t-shirts and garments, caps, towels, pillow cases and more use SingleJet II for use with light color items. For transfer to all DARK apparel and fabrics using an inkjet printer try SingleJet Opaque.
HEAT TRANSFER PAPER for LASER PRINTERS
RhinoTech also offers laser printing applications with its RT Digital Transfer Professional Printing package and other types of heat transfer bundles. This Pro set includes: the OKI 920WT White Toner Laser Printer that prints full-color self-weeding transfers; the OKI c831-TS Laser Printer with CMYK toners; SinglePrint™ Heat Transfer Paper that enables you to transfer photo images to multiple types of light color hard surfaces such as glass, ceramic, metal, wood, card stock, leather and mouse pads; RhinoDARK™ Heat Transfer Paper for DARK fabrics and garments; SingleStep™ Heat Transfer Paper for Light/White color apparel and fabrics like towels, t-shirts and other fabric-types; a two-station, SwingMan 20D Twin 16” x 20” that is a top of the line heat press; a Smart DESIGNER X6 Ready Vol. 1 Design Package Software and Parchment Paper.
For step-by-step instruction, view this video: Custom Puzzle Printing with SingleJet Heat Transfer Paper.
Contact information for RhinoTech
We’re not sure why the heat press is often undervalued as part of a Digital printing equipment set-up. In fact, it is a key piece of the pie, because of 3 critical factors to ensuring the absolute best, final products. They are: PRESSURE, TEMPERATURE and TIME. And, that’s why we can’t stress enough the value of investing in a great performing heat press.
Presented in this step-by-step video is the RT Swingman 20 with a platen size of 16” x 20”. The RT Swingman 25P with a platen dimension of 20” x 25” is also an excellent option in the high-quality/affordability department. Both systems are offered by RhinoTech.
Features of the RT Swingman include these DIGITAL CONTROLS:
ON and OFF switch is easily accessible in front of system.
A digital TIMER with alert that can be programmed for up to 99 minutes.
The PRESSURE reading sensor that with these settings: 1-3 for light pressure, 4-6 for medium and 7-9 that offers the highest pressure setting (KEEP A LOG OF THE PRESSURE SETTINGS YOU USE FOR SPECIFIC CUSTOMER PROJECTS, SO REPEAT PROJECTS WILL BE A BREEZE).
TEMPERATURE setting that can be digitally set for up to 450 degrees F or 232 C.
Additional cool elements:
Touch Screen with easy to lock-in time, temp and pressure settings.
Phenomenal heating element.
Simple Swing-away feature, unlike a pop-up clam shell.
An adjustable LEVELING PLATEN that can adjust up to 1 3/4” to enable the operator to digitally transfer designs made with SinglePrint™ heat transfer laser paper to FLAT glass and light color wood plaques, leather, Acrylic, ceramic and metal.
Find all RhinoTech heat presses HERE.
Thanks for watching!
Questions? Get answers through these direct connections: 651-686-5027 x 4; email@example.com; www.rhinotechinc.com
In this second installment, RhinoTech showcases RhinoDARK Heat Transfer Paper.
This paper offers another amazing way to transfer images with a laser printer to transfer directly to all dark apparel and fabrics. It is also available in two sizes: 8.5″ x 11″ and 11″ x 17″. And, it’s compatible with the RT SunAngel Printers.
The RT SunAngel printers offer:
1) FLUORESCENT color toners! This laser printer enables the paper to be printed from the tray and straight out through the back; the sheet doesn’t have to go through a roller-type system.
2) FLUORESCENT WHITE toner that has two white toner cartridges to ensure opacity.
3) Traditional CMYK toners
4) WHITE toner.
To apply more bling and dimension to your prints, easily add Rhinestones and Textile Metallic Foil. Crunch the foil, lay it on the heat transfer, repress, and your design will be eye-popping.
Here is info and the directions on how to digitally print with RhinoDARK:
RhinoDARK transfer media is used as a set comprised of an ‘Image Sheet’ (A Sheet) and a ‘Transfer Sheet’ (B Sheet). Please follow the steps below for best results:
1. Place image sheet into the manual sheet feed of the RT SunAngel printer, smoothest side up (please note this is the coated side of the sheet).
2. Set the printer to print from the ‘Multipurpose Tray’ and set paper type to ‘Medium Light’ and set size to A4.
IMPORTANT: Remember to create the image in reverse to ensure it looks correct when transferred to the garment.
3. Print the image.
4. Once image is printed, place the transfer sheet on top of the print with the white (adhesive coated) side down – the image and the adhesive should be face-to-face.
5. Fold a small corner of the transfer sheet over prior to pressing as this will make it easier to peel apart after pressing.
6. Press the two sheets together using a heat press at 250 – 270°F for 30-45 seconds with high pressure.
7. upon opening the press & while hot – immediately peel the transfer sheet away from the image sheet quickly and evenly, peeling in a smooth, continuous motion.
8. Discard the used transfer sheet.
9. Trim the edges away from the image sheet to help ensure that no excess adhesive sticks to the garment.
10. Position the transfer sheet (print side down) onto the garment and press using a heat press at 250 – 270°F for 30-45 seconds using high pressure.
11. Remove the garment from the heat press and allow to cool.
12. Once the garment is cooled to the touch, carefully peel away the transfer sheet and the image will remain on the garment.
13. A final step is to apply a finishing paper to the printed area of the garment and press again for 15 seconds to provide a durable smooth finish.
Artwork Requirements Recommended by RhinoTech
For best results, it is recommended that solid colors only be used in the artwork. We also recommend printing white toner over all the color for greater opacity when printing on DARK garments.
Starting out with or adding a digital printing system is a way to jump-start your business.
Whether home or studio based, located in a store front or a commercial screen printing entity, RhinoDARK Heat Transfer Paper and other systems featured by RhinoTech is a way to add-on to your current service stream. Use this digital system as a way to fill-in for your screen printed projects.
To help you get started, call 651-686-5027 ext 4; firstname.lastname@example.org; 888.717.4466. RhinoTech offers FREE SHIPPING on orders of $50 or more when delivered in the contiguous U.S.
If you haven’t already had to read and deal with a negative on-line review about your business, customer service and/or product, don’t worry, because you will. It’s inevitable in these days of no-holds-barred social media.
In the following article reprinted from Printwear, 8 Ways to Handle Bad Online Reviews, Vince DiCecco shares splendid, spot-on advice. We are appreciative!
Yelp receives an astounding 84 million visitors a month. According to a 2012 BrightLocal study, approximately 72 percent of consumers surveyed said they trust online reviews as much as personal recommendations, while 52 percent said that positive online reviews make them more likely to use a local business. So what should you do when there are negative reviews of your business on such sites?
1. Remain Objective—If the review or comment is obviously not serious, or if the poster is using angry, abusive language, your best option may be to ignore it. If possible, have it removed. Most consumer-review sites offer a way to flag or report reviews that violate terms of service.
2. Say “Thanks”—Whether or not you agree with the complaint’s validity, the reality is that a customer perceived an event in a certain way. Acknowledging the experience and the role your operations played in shaping that perception is the first step in successfully addressing a concern. Thank them for taking the time to offer feedback.
3. Respond with Tact—Keep it professional. Passive-aggressive or sarcastic comments will only fuel the flames.
4. Take it Offline (if possible)—Engage the customer with a short and positive private response that recognizes the issue and discusses ways to remedy the situation. By taking the issue offline, you can avoid a back-and-forth that could draw even more unwanted attention to the review. If successfully resolved, politely ask the customer to revise their review to note that their complaint was addressed, or delete it altogether.
5. Apologize and Ask for Input—A sincere apology does not necessarily mean you are agreeing with their assessment of the situation, but it does mean that you are genuinely sorry that they had a bad experience. An offer to make things right can go a long way to validate your customer’s concerns. It lets them know you are committed to ensuring it won’t happen again.
6. Flip the Script—Highlighting your strengths is a great way to frame your story while still making the person feel heard and acknowledged. Having the ability to react to negative feedback can actually be a positive move.
7. Evaluate the Public Response—Review sites allow for businesses to easily offer their views. Offer a short response that corrects the facts, but do not delve into specific inaccuracies.
8. Legal Action is a Last Resort—Publicity over an ugly lawsuit may drag the company into territory difficult to return from, no matter the outcome. Use it only if you must.
We hope that this guideline has armed you for when that less than glowing review appears. Thanks for reading and subscribing.
This short video is a review of the latest, high performing DIGITAL heat transfer papers from RhinoTech. In fact, they also represent the most current laser and inkjet transfer papers in the industry that can be used successfully to transfer images to DARK garments and fabrics. And, to offer the most vibrant of whites (no gray factor).
Though RhinoTech originally produced this big review during Halloween 2014, the information remains timely. Enjoy and thanks for reading/viewing.
1. The first set of t-shirts have been printed with SingleJet heat transfer paper used with an inkjet printer.
As you can see, the colors on the white Tuxedo and Yoga T-shirts are chillingly vivid! Use this paper to transfer designs to pastel, light gray and all white/light color apparel and fabrics.
The Black Tuxedo shirt was digitally printed with SingleJet Opaque. It works alarmingly well to transfer images to the DARKEST OF DARK garments and fabrics. The white that snaps off the shirt is daunting compared to most whites that appear grayed out.
2. The next set of shirts was printed with SingleStep that is designed to transfer to light/white color garments. Notice how the flower design on the pink t-shirt just oozes color. The secret is in the toner; the RT SunAngel DayBold Fluorescent toners used with the RT SunAngel printer.
The white t- shirt with the flower design was printed w/SingleStep and traditional CMYK colors. Notice how regular CMYK colors are scarily dazzlingly!
The black T-shirt, printed with RT SunAngel DARK heat transfer paper for DARK apparel, offers the brightest of white (no graying) that snaps off the shirt.
3. The final series of t-shirts was printed with RT SunAngel DARK heat transfer paper. It’s spooky how excited Greg is about this paper!
The BLACK Anarchy T-shirt features pulsating brilliant blue, white and blood red colors and screams washability.
The CMYK colors printed on the next DARK T-Shirt also bursts with color. It’s simple to apply rhinestones and textile metallic foil right on top of the design for added value.
The RhinoTech logo on the final DARK t-shirt was printed using RT SunAngel DayBold Fluorescent toner. Textile Metallic Foil was added; the look is stunning!
Al B. Myson was tenacious when it came to finding the perfect inkjet heat transfer paper for his business. After much research and discussion, he found the RhinoTech youtube.com site where he watched the step-by-step tutorial on how to “Print on DARK with Jet Opaque Heat Transfer Paper”. The rest is history; he purchased and tested the paper and then relayed that, “I am happy with your product and thanks a million!!!”
Mr. Myson also shared his Al B. Myson Blog post, Fantastic, Blank Heat Transfer Paper, for Inkjet Printers. The following is an excerpt: ……. “I watched a youtube video and could not believe that I found what I was looking for. The company called Rhinotechinc (editor’s note: RhinoTech) offers great blank heat transfer paper for inkjet printers and this video link demonstrates their one step heat transfer paper for dark colored t-shirts and they also carry blank heat transfer paper for light colored t-shirts as well, but you could also use the one step opaque for light colored as well. Honestly so far I have tested the one step heat transfer paper for light colored t-shirts and the quality is quite excellent, so I highly recommend trying the blank heat transfer paper from Rhinotechinc.com its quite affordable and I hope someone from Rhinotechinc shares some more info on my blog and I hope they share my blog with others as well; because I truly support what they are doing for the t-shirt business!! Thank you Rhinotechinc.”
SingleJet Opaque Heat Transfer Paper from RhinoTech.
This one step heat transfer paper is used with the recommended Epson 1430 (and other inkjet printers) to create printable transfers to DARK fabrics and apparel. It offers a very soft hand and fabric drape on the finished product. With this paper, a little bit of ink goes a long way toward producing vivid, brilliant, colorful results on DARK garments; it is stretchy and has excellent wash characteristics.
Choose from paper sizes of 8.5” x 11 and 11” x 17”. And, a SingleJet Roll that comes in 13″ x 50′ is also available. For a test run, RhinoTech recommends a 10 pack of SingleJet Opaque.
This is how it works.
SingleJet Opaque is simple to use; basically, an image is printed right reading, the edges of the design are trimmed, the vinyl surface is peeled off then positioned on the shirt and heat pressed.
Place black shirt on platen, cover w/parchment paper and press shirt for a few seconds to remove moisture and wrinkles.
Remove parchment paper.
Peel film, position design, cover with parchment paper and press for 15 seconds at
360 degrees F with the RT DK20S 16×20 Digital Swinger Heat Press or the RTSW 1620 Heat press w/digital controls.
Let shirt cool to the touch before peeling parchment paper off to showcase your design. And, that’s it!
Additional features of SingleJet Opaque heat transfer paper include secure bond to fabric and excellent washability characteristics.
Again, we offer sincere gratitude to Al B. Myson for his accolades regarding SingeJet Opaque heat transfer paper. We extend the same to all our customers who gain increased bottom line benefits through use of this paper and all RhinoTech digital printing systems. We wish you much success in your printing endeavors. If you have questions, please contact our Customer Service Specialist at 651-686-5027 x 4 or email@example.com. We’re here to help!
http://www.rhinotechinc.com; firstname.lastname@example.org and learn how to digitally print at youtube.com/rhinotechcompany.
Shout out to all Apparel Decorators!You still have time to enter your most creative, alluring, stunning, iconic work in the prestigious, Impressions Apparel Decorating Competition.
The deadline to enter is August 29th, 2014; there is no cost to enter.
This 36th annual contest will be judged at the Fort Worth Imprinted Sportswear Show, Sept. 18-20, 2014. Prize winners will be announced on Saturday, Sept. 20, and featured in the January 2015 issue of Impressions magazine. Winning work will also be showcased at impressionsmag.com in the Impressions Awards & Design Galleries and through their social media sites.
Additionally, thousands of show attendees and exhibitors will be able to view the champion work at the Impressions booth at all 2015 Imprinted Sportswear Shows.
Want to enter?
Visit impressionsmag.com for complete rules, category listings and the official entry form. Questions? E-mail Associate Editor Lauren Mitchell @ email@example.com
RhinoTech digital heat transfer systems will help you Triumph.
An array of digital heat transfer papers and systems for apparel decorators are available from RhinoTech such as RT SunAngel DARK heat transfer paper, printers, toners in Daybold Fluorescent colors and white and in traditional CMYK + white. Don’t be fooled w/traditional, however. The CMYK toners offer vibrant, stand-out color and the white is the whitest of the whites. The Fluorescent toners are unrivaled. They offer a way to digitally print on black apparel with colors that will pop and stun! View step by step videos HERE.
The RhinoTech Digital Transfer Division also features these heat transfer papers: SingleJet and SingleJet Opaque heat transfer papers for use with inkjet printers; SingleStep that is a weedless paper for use with a laser printer that transfers unrivaled designs on light color garments; JetPro Active Wear and several other papers to transfer designs to white and dark apparel and fabrics that are 100% cotton, 50/50 blends and polyester.
View all how-to videos @ RhinoTech!