In this second installment, RhinoTech showcases RhinoDARK Heat Transfer Paper.
This paper offers another amazing way to transfer images with a laser printer to transfer directly to all dark apparel and fabrics. It is also available in two sizes: 8.5″ x 11″ and 11″ x 17″. And, it’s compatible with the RT SunAngel Printers.
The RT SunAngel printers offer:
1) FLUORESCENT color toners! This laser printer enables the paper to be printed from the tray and straight out through the back; the sheet doesn’t have to go through a roller-type system.
2) FLUORESCENT WHITE toner that has two white toner cartridges to ensure opacity.
3) Traditional CMYK toners
4) WHITE toner.
To apply more bling and dimension to your prints, easily add Rhinestones and Textile Metallic Foil. Crunch the foil, lay it on the heat transfer, repress, and your design will be eye-popping.
Here is info and the directions on how to digitally print with RhinoDARK:
RhinoDARK transfer media is used as a set comprised of an ‘Image Sheet’ (A Sheet) and a ‘Transfer Sheet’ (B Sheet). Please follow the steps below for best results:
1. Place image sheet into the manual sheet feed of the RT SunAngel printer, smoothest side up (please note this is the coated side of the sheet).
2. Set the printer to print from the ‘Multipurpose Tray’ and set paper type to ‘Medium Light’ and set size to A4.
IMPORTANT: Remember to create the image in reverse to ensure it looks correct when transferred to the garment.
3. Print the image.
4. Once image is printed, place the transfer sheet on top of the print with the white (adhesive coated) side down – the image and the adhesive should be face-to-face.
5. Fold a small corner of the transfer sheet over prior to pressing as this will make it easier to peel apart after pressing.
6. Press the two sheets together using a heat press at 250 – 270°F for 30-45 seconds with high pressure.
7. upon opening the press & while hot – immediately peel the transfer sheet away from the image sheet quickly and evenly, peeling in a smooth, continuous motion.
8. Discard the used transfer sheet.
9. Trim the edges away from the image sheet to help ensure that no excess adhesive sticks to the garment.
10. Position the transfer sheet (print side down) onto the garment and press using a heat press at 250 – 270°F for 30-45 seconds using high pressure.
11. Remove the garment from the heat press and allow to cool.
12. Once the garment is cooled to the touch, carefully peel away the transfer sheet and the image will remain on the garment.
13. A final step is to apply a finishing paper to the printed area of the garment and press again for 15 seconds to provide a durable smooth finish.
Artwork Requirements Recommended by RhinoTech
For best results, it is recommended that solid colors only be used in the artwork. We also recommend printing white toner over all the color for greater opacity when printing on DARK garments.
Starting out with or adding a digital printing system is a way to jump-start your business.
Whether home or studio based, located in a store front or a commercial screen printing entity, RhinoDARK Heat Transfer Paper and other systems featured by RhinoTech is a way to add-on to your current service stream. Use this digital system as a way to fill-in for your screen printed projects.
To help you get started, call 651-686-5027 ext 4; firstname.lastname@example.org; 888.717.4466. RhinoTech offers FREE SHIPPING on orders of $50 or more when delivered in the contiguous U.S.
This short video is a review of the latest, high performing DIGITAL heat transfer papers from RhinoTech. In fact, they also represent the most current laser and inkjet transfer papers in the industry that can be used successfully to transfer images to DARK garments and fabrics. And, to offer the most vibrant of whites (no gray factor).
Though RhinoTech originally produced this big review during Halloween 2014, the information remains timely. Enjoy and thanks for reading/viewing.
1. The first set of t-shirts have been printed with SingleJet heat transfer paper used with an inkjet printer.
As you can see, the colors on the white Tuxedo and Yoga T-shirts are chillingly vivid! Use this paper to transfer designs to pastel, light gray and all white/light color apparel and fabrics.
The Black Tuxedo shirt was digitally printed with SingleJet Opaque. It works alarmingly well to transfer images to the DARKEST OF DARK garments and fabrics. The white that snaps off the shirt is daunting compared to most whites that appear grayed out.
2. The next set of shirts was printed with SingleStep that is designed to transfer to light/white color garments. Notice how the flower design on the pink t-shirt just oozes color. The secret is in the toner; the RT SunAngel DayBold Fluorescent toners used with the RT SunAngel printer.
The white t- shirt with the flower design was printed w/SingleStep and traditional CMYK colors. Notice how regular CMYK colors are scarily dazzlingly!
The black T-shirt, printed with RT SunAngel DARK heat transfer paper for DARK apparel, offers the brightest of white (no graying) that snaps off the shirt.
3. The final series of t-shirts was printed with RT SunAngel DARK heat transfer paper. It’s spooky how excited Greg is about this paper!
The BLACK Anarchy T-shirt features pulsating brilliant blue, white and blood red colors and screams washability.
The CMYK colors printed on the next DARK T-Shirt also bursts with color. It’s simple to apply rhinestones and textile metallic foil right on top of the design for added value.
The RhinoTech logo on the final DARK t-shirt was printed using RT SunAngel DayBold Fluorescent toner. Textile Metallic Foil was added; the look is stunning!