In this second installment, RhinoTech showcases RhinoDARK Heat Transfer Paper.
This paper offers another amazing way to transfer images with a laser printer to transfer directly to all dark apparel and fabrics. It is also available in two sizes: 8.5″ x 11″ and 11″ x 17″. And, it’s compatible with the RT SunAngel Printers.
The RT SunAngel printers offer:
1) FLUORESCENT color toners! This laser printer enables the paper to be printed from the tray and straight out through the back; the sheet doesn’t have to go through a roller-type system.
2) FLUORESCENT WHITE toner that has two white toner cartridges to ensure opacity.
3) Traditional CMYK toners
4) WHITE toner.
To apply more bling and dimension to your prints, easily add Rhinestones and Textile Metallic Foil. Crunch the foil, lay it on the heat transfer, repress, and your design will be eye-popping.
Here is info and the directions on how to digitally print with RhinoDARK:
RhinoDARK transfer media is used as a set comprised of an ‘Image Sheet’ (A Sheet) and a ‘Transfer Sheet’ (B Sheet). Please follow the steps below for best results:
1. Place image sheet into the manual sheet feed of the RT SunAngel printer, smoothest side up (please note this is the coated side of the sheet).
2. Set the printer to print from the ‘Multipurpose Tray’ and set paper type to ‘Medium Light’ and set size to A4.
IMPORTANT: Remember to create the image in reverse to ensure it looks correct when transferred to the garment.
3. Print the image.
4. Once image is printed, place the transfer sheet on top of the print with the white (adhesive coated) side down – the image and the adhesive should be face-to-face.
5. Fold a small corner of the transfer sheet over prior to pressing as this will make it easier to peel apart after pressing.
6. Press the two sheets together using a heat press at 250 – 270°F for 30-45 seconds with high pressure.
7. upon opening the press & while hot – immediately peel the transfer sheet away from the image sheet quickly and evenly, peeling in a smooth, continuous motion.
8. Discard the used transfer sheet.
9. Trim the edges away from the image sheet to help ensure that no excess adhesive sticks to the garment.
10. Position the transfer sheet (print side down) onto the garment and press using a heat press at 250 – 270°F for 30-45 seconds using high pressure.
11. Remove the garment from the heat press and allow to cool.
12. Once the garment is cooled to the touch, carefully peel away the transfer sheet and the image will remain on the garment.
13. A final step is to apply a finishing paper to the printed area of the garment and press again for 15 seconds to provide a durable smooth finish.
Artwork Requirements Recommended by RhinoTech
For best results, it is recommended that solid colors only be used in the artwork. We also recommend printing white toner over all the color for greater opacity when printing on DARK garments.
Starting out with or adding a digital printing system is a way to jump-start your business.
Whether home or studio based, located in a store front or a commercial screen printing entity, RhinoDARK Heat Transfer Paper and other systems featured by RhinoTech is a way to add-on to your current service stream. Use this digital system as a way to fill-in for your screen printed projects.
To help you get started, call 651-686-5027 ext 4; email@example.com; 888.717.4466. RhinoTech offers FREE SHIPPING on orders of $50 or more when delivered in the contiguous U.S.